Crazy Read 2018 – Strengths Finder 2.0
What I Loved
This is an interesting book! When you buy it, you get a code for an online quiz. You do the quiz and it tells you your Top 5 strengths. You then read the book either from front to back if you want to know all the strengths or you can just look at yours.
The first two sections go over Finding your Strengths: An Introduction and then Applying Your Strengths. My Top 5 didn’t surprise me, and yet they did. They were:
- Relator: I struggle with having close friendships and bonding but once I know and love you? I want to be all in. This would explain why I become friends after the fact with so many clients. I do not love fluffy relationships and struggle with surface friends and shallow friendships.
- Strategic: Oh dear. This sums me up!! One of the lines is “What if? Select. Strike.” I am the get shit done girl and get so irritated at people in my life who can’t make a decision!!! Though, I do agree that I need to slow down more and find more activators in my life in order to get more done in an effective way. My assistant would agree!
- Command: “Command leads you to take charge. Unlike some people, you feel no discomfort with imposing your views on others… You need things to be clear between people and challenge them to be clear-eyed and honest. You push them to take risks…”
This just keeps on going and makes me laugh each time I read it! If you know me personally at all? You should really buy this book just to read more on who I am! You would understand my crazy a little better.
- Activator: “When can we start?” I often get told I need to slow down and breathe and get all my ducks in a row and yet I want to just GO and figure it out as I go. This book explained why! And it honestly made me feel a little more normal. “Once the decision is made, you cannot NOT act. Others may worry that “there are still some things we don’t know,” but this doesn’t seem to slow you.”
- Maximizer: “You choose to spend time with people who appreciate your particular strengths. Likewise, you are attracted to others who seem to have found and cultivated their own strengths. You tend to avoid those who want to fix you and make you well rounded.” Again!!! I laughed out loud reading this.
So, anyone else think that my brain is intense? I agree. It exhausts me too. The good part of this book is the section that goes over “Ideas for Action” and then “Working with Others who have Maximizer.” Am I happy with mine? Not sure to be honest. I believe that they will get me far in life if I use them well, but at the same time, I would have loved to have a few more relational ideas from the book. I wonder if you can rewire your brain for that? Something to research…