Life Hacks – Master Food Prep & My Bulletproof Plan
I was out for coffee with a friend the other day and we were talking meal prep and when she found out that I do mine every single Sunday morning (7-9am) and that it is then done for the week she almost died! “How the heck do you do it so fast???” was her comment.
Here is how: I make almost the same exact things every single week so I have it down to a science.
Food Prep Tips:
- Plan it out in terms of cook time.
- I put the meat in the oven while I am prepping veggies for roasting etc.
- Instead of just prepping large meals, prep smaller items that can be used quickly in larger meals later
- JUST DO IT!!! Turn on an audiobook or the tv or some music and just jump in. Once you are in? DON’T stop to clean and do 100 other things or you will wreck all your meal prep like I did this week 🙁
What foods I prep each week for my bulletproof meals:
- Oven roasted sweet potatoes and yams (together on a pan, diced small, avocado oil and seasonings)
- carrots and brussel sprouts (every other week probably)
- diced hash brown style potatoes
- meat (sausages, ground meats, chicken breasts all seasoned and cooked)
- seasoned rice (I add spices to the rice maker when I cook it and it makes it amazing!)
What foods I buy on the side and have in the house as well:
- Berries and fruit
- Coconut milk
- Kettle Chips (avocado oil ones!! So good)
- Once in awhile gluten free bread
- Cauliflower rice
How I Eat My Bulletproof food:
- Salads with all the prep food in them so that they are super filling
- Eggs and hashbrowns (I mix the sweet potato mix and the potato mix) and add avocado and tomatoes
- Pan scrambles: a combo of all of the above similar to fried rice
- Meat, rice and steamed broccoli
- Bowl of veggies
- Scrambled eggs and toast with avocado
- Cauliflower rice with veggies
- Anything else I can think of!!
Do I get bored? Nope.
I use all different seasonings and make it taste amazing!
I find it so easy to eat this way as I don’t have to think about it anymore. I don’t miss big detail meals anymore and find that I am so happy this way.
It is an organized way to do it! And makes such yummy food that takes no time at all.
So, how can you make your meal prep easier?
Lower your standards for fancy, don’t make just “meals” but items to use in them and have fun.
It took me awhile to come up with my items but I am now known for the amazing meals I can whip up from nothing in my fridge. If only they knew it took almost no effort!